Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Monthly Spanish get together

As every month or will say sometimes more often than once a month, we manage to get a few of us together for lunch during the week. Last two times we have done in Santana Row that for my UK and Spanish friends is a street full of designer shops, restaurants and no so expensive shops that has got kind of European feeling but is in San Jose. It is lovely to have lunch or Dinner or even to go for a walk, this week I will go twice, yesterday with my Spanish friends and tomorrow with Cheryl.

We missed Marta who had a cold and want to say good luck to her again on her 3rd AC treatment tomorrow. Also Monica did not make it as she had a last minute dentist appointment. But we manage to recruit Olga and Natalia who are new to the area and we are introducing them to the good things. This might be the last lunch for Miriam as she might have gone into labor by the next time, we hope so for her as she looks like she has had enough even if she looks super cute.

Why do I love this group so much?, because they do whatever they have to do to make sure you are ok, they do leave their families to come and see me, have a walk with me or just call me once or even twice a day to make sure I am doing ok. Every chemo treatment I have got I know that all of them (I am talking about more than 10 people) are going to call me or Alberto or are going to call Marcela to check how I am doing. Ana makes me laugh as she literally calls me every day and if she does not manage to talk to me and I do not return her call she calls me or Alberto all stress to make sure that nothing has happened, bless her!.

Thank you all for all the time you spend with me as I have said many times it is the best medicine in the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment