Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Taxol side affects

I have not written for some time which is good and bad, good means that I am busy and have not got time and bad because I have been told off for not updating how I am doing.

Taxol was painful but short, also as it was my first I did not know how to deal with it and I am hoping next week I will be able to manage better. The expectations were that I will have flu symptoms and fever, I never got any fever which was really good, I never got sick or have any nausea which was fantastic. The flu symptoms were brutal, I started on Tuesday night not being able to move my arms as both muscle and bones were too sore to be moved. On Wednesday I could not move period, it was impossible to move any muscle without being in agony, I told everyone that even my ears were aching and it was true!. I did cry to Alberto a few times on Wednesday feeling sorry for myself and asking myself the magic question: " why me?". But...we have got medication to treat the pain and I think I did not manage my medication very well. They told me to take Advil as much as needed and if it was not enough to call the doctor's office so they will send my pharmacy prescription for something stronger. Well I only took 200 mg of Advil every 4 hours and it was probably too low, I hate taking medication so I read the prescription really closely and follow the restriction of less than 6 pills every 24 hours. I think I should had taken 2 each time every 6 hours and might had helped me better. I will talk with Dr Chen next week to see how to control that pain next time.

By Thursday evening the pain was slowly leaving and I only had some join pain, specially in my hands and arms, that disappear over the weekend. Overall now looking back it was better than AC but will be even better if I can control that 48 hours of extreme pain.

A reminder to myself...Only 3 more to go!!.

No comments:

Post a Comment