Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Spanish Classes

My group of friends of 2culturas are amazing!. For all my friends in Europe, 2culturas was created a long time ago by a few moms, who were part of the group Spanish in the Silicon Valley, who wanted to get together to do activities for the kids.

I met the group for the first time exactly 4 years ago when I went to Rosa's house for a Halloween party. As we all know us Spanish we are a bit loud and when I met them that day they were all screaming and laughing and I thought....Oh my God!. I have had the opportunity to get to know them very well during the past 4 years and they are fantastic. I like how active they are for the kids but I love how big of a support system they are.
Lately I can't cope with their activities but I try to go to as many as I can. On Monday's we meet in a school and some of them teach the kids Spanish, they divide the kids in groups of ages. Ethan for example is in the intermediate kids and they start learning the letters and more Spanish vocabulary. His teacher is my idol Maite Pons that I will never know where she gets the energy from, she is a kindergarten teacher, an amazing mom of 3 beautiful kids and a very talented photographer but she still has got time to teach Spanish classes. This photo is from this past Monday from the first class for this year.

Then on Fridays we get together so the kids can play, depends on the weather we do park or inside activities. Ethan loves it as he is so close to a few of the kids that he has been playing for a long time now. Then once a month we also do family activities so the husbands and the rest of the family can get together as well. We are going to San Francisco Zoo first week of November, we just did a picnic on the beach and we will probably do many other activities in the coming months.

I love this group to pieces, they are so helpful and so cheerful that have been a tremendous support system for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment