Saturday, November 12, 2011

Celebration time - 1st party

What a week!, I think I have never cried so much in my life and it has been mainly for happy feelings. I am so blessed to be surrounded by such an amazing group of people who are making this journey so much easier for me and my family.

First last Monday and after 7 hours chemo session I had a few friends and colleagues coming to my house to celebrate the end of the chemo session. Fiona was in town from the UK and she had organized a few of NVIDIA colleagues to come and celebrate, she is a bit rubbish (as she would say) organizing these things and even if it was meant to be a surprise party I found out about it..... so I extended the invitation to a few friends and we had a fantastic night. That day Alberto asked Dr Chen if I could have a glass of alcohol to celebrate that night and she said I could drink whatever I wanted to so I had a glass of wine and a glass of champagne, and slept like an angel that night. It was so nice to see "my boys" as I call the building E GPU team from NVIDIA and I think it was really nice for them to see that I am doing probably better that they were expecting.

I got such a nice presents from them, from flowers, champagne, coffee and a great music DVD (thanks John the music is fantastic). Ethan did some of his new jockey moves with his new Sharks top which we are having some difficulty to have it washed and cleaned on time for the next wearing as he even sleeps with it!. He went to see the sharks at HP Pavilion 10 days ago and he is back today again with Alberto to see them, thanks Fish for the tickets!, you made this 4 year old super happy!.

On Tuesday I went back to the clinic for the shot of Neulasta as usual and I know after that shot my pain starts....I had some great news though, my blood sugar has gone down to normal and the Diabetic test they did come negative so that is one thing less to worry about!. Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday was hard as expected but I think I even tolerated better than other rounds and it was probably because I knew it was the last one!!. I was so happy to see Thursday and knowing that I will not be having these treatments hopefully never ever again!.

Friday I took things easy during the day and in the evening we went to play bowling with the kids and our Spanish friends, Alberto was in charge of the boys bowling so I could talk to some of the moms and arrange the world without having the kids around!.

This week has been a bit emotional for me, for some reason the end of the chemo has surfaced some of that hidden feelings that you are containing because you are focus on the treatment. I am so happy to be over it that I do cry for any reason....but it is happy crying for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment