Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Stupid people

Alberto will say that I am more sensitive than before and he is probably right but I get particularly upset with people who think are smarter than you.

I got a bit upsetting phone call from someone who is probably a bit thick and had a really bad training when she started working, or she had a good training just did not get it at all, or she was told to talk to people like if you do not trust them. She basically called me and before she even asked me how my treatment was going or just a courtesy question as: " how are you feeling?", she went straight to the kill and try to tell me that the fact that I am sick might be at question. I was in denying listening to her telling me that I am going to be investigated as my cancer is considered a pre-existing condition. Am I listening right?, I am being treated for a Breast Cancer but it was there before I was treated and I knew about it!!. WTF?.

It turns out that my cancer is considered pre-exiting condition for 3 days, my first visit to the OB was on June 28th and some stupid clause of some agreement of something that someone forgot to mention or tell me about started on July 1st. So for 3 days I might not be entitle to something from someone, somewhere. What I will or will not be entitled to is another subject that will deal with and have got no doubts that will be shorted one way or another. If someone forgot to tell me something or someone forgot to do something, someone will have to answer to all my questions. This is what I hate sometimes in the US, all health and disability is so regulated by stupid insurance that sometimes try to make the process hard for you so you just get tired and do not fight any more with them. But I am a stubborn one so they can not get rid of me that easily....

But going back to my lovely lady, the one from the call, I do not think she knows what I am capable of. She made a big mistake by thinking she is smarter than me and called me trying to make me feel if I am playing the system and lying to them. I think that person is insensitive and should not be dealing with people who are sick at all. She does not know that I once did not stop in the UK until someone got a warning in Loyd's Bank for thinking she was smarter than me. And I will not stop until someone gives this girl a lesson of humanity or just fired her as she is not suitable for this type of work. The sad part is that I wonder how much damage she will do if instead of being me she will call a person who is more vulnerable emotionally, healthy or emotionally, for that reason I will make sure she learns the lesson.

And yes I am more sensitive than before but I guess I am entitle to when you have been administrated really strong drugs for 3 months, had days that felt as low as you could have ever felt, you should be more sensitive. This week I am even more upset as I thought I was not going to lose more hair but I am now at this stage of my treatment losing my eyebrows and eyelashes really fast. I am not upset because I am losing them but because I was not expecting to lose any more hair.

Anyway, I will not allowed for this lady or any company in this world to upset me for one moment, even if I have to admit that I had to go for a walk this afternoon to relax a bit.

4 comments:

  1. Hay gente que en su fabricación olvidaron ponerle un corazón y al nacer si el carecen de sentimientos y empatía. Lo malo es cuando estas personas trabajan en algo para lo que no están capacitadas. Un beso

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jolin, lo malo es que ese es su trabajo y se dedicará a amargar a la gente enferma, que ya bastante tenemos!! a esa gente le ponía yo a cultivar patatas a las 5 de la mañana y que se enteren de lo que es trabajar con cosas sin sentimientos!!

    Tu sigue así, que no puedan contigo, que por algo nos llaman LUCHADORAS!!

    Un besazo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracias chicas!.

    Espero que paseis muy buen fin de semana.
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  4. UFFF...Mila hay a habrá personas asi en tu vida, simplemente ignoralas...ni que huvieramos elegido pasar por esto bastante con que nos ha tocado como para que encima venga gente asi a intentar amargarte..tu adelante, animo que ya no te queda nada...
    un abrazo

    ReplyDelete