Saturday, November 19, 2011

Radiation

My original appointment with the Radiologist was the end of November but I have been recovering so well from Chemo that I changed it to last Thursday so can start radiation as soon as possible. I guess the sooner you start the sooner you finish....I would ideally want to finish by the end of December so I can start the new year fresh but I think might be a bit difficult...

So, I saw Dr Wang on Thursday and he got the message really fast that I do not want to wait around for something to happen. He is from the mentality that you should target the area as soon as you can after Chemo but giving some recovery time to the patient, however he is ok with me pushing Radiation to earlier than his recommended 4 weeks from Chemo treatment. My blood results are great, I feel great and I want to start ASAP. So I went back on Friday to have a CT scan and be measured, marked and tattoo on the left breast where radiation will happen. I was there for around 90 minutes going through the normal routine of listening to side effects and then spent all the time with the technician on the preparation. I had to stay still for around half an hour and that was a bit uncomfortable, but they have to do the scan, marked you and wait for the doctor to agree with all the marks and images, then they tattoo you and then you can move...I have got now 5 dots around my left breast that will probably be with me for ever but you can not see them really well so I do not expect to be an issue...

Next week is Thanksgiving in the US and Thursday and Friday is holidays for everyone and the Breast care center at Goodsam is closed so I do not think will start next week. The scheduler will call me early next week to agree on a start day and time of sessions, but they have promised me will be the 28 of November. During Christmas there are two days they are closed it means that if I do not do double days I will not finish until the first week of January, but I am ok about it, I would have prefer to finish the last week of December but I do not mind.

4 comments:

  1. a veces queremos correr mas de lo que nuestras piernas dan de si... ojalá que no tengas mucha espera para la radio, pero tómatelo lo mejor que puedas, que ya has pasado lo peor.

    Un besote enooorme!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Mila! Me llamo Blanca y he conocido tu blog a través de Ainara y Eva. Hace 15 días me diagnosticaron un cáncer de mama y aquí estoy, conociendo al resto de miembros del batallón ;)

    Hace un par de días creé un blog para contar mi historia con mucho humor: www.unamasdelbatallon.blogspot.com Espero que te guste.

    Ahora mismo voy a enlazarte desde mi blogroll. Aquí tienes una fel seguidora del tuyo desde ya mismo. Un fuerte abrazo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Blanca, lo primero espero que Estes bien, Los primeros dias son los peores. Lo segundo por supuesto que seguire el blog y aqui me tienes para cualquier duda que ten gas.
    Besos
    Mila

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tomatelo con calma y mantenos informadas. Un beso Mila

    ReplyDelete