Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Good Luck Marta

The other day Upe called me and told me that a girl from Spain who works with her had been diagnosed with Breast Cancer and if she could give her my contact details. I told her that of course as when I was diagnosed the first person I called was Cheryl Sole who I knew had gone through it, it helped me a lot for her to walk me through what was going to happen to me and what was the process like.

I met Marta today and she is a lovely girl close to my age and amazingly has been diagnosed with the same type of cancers like me, has already had the surgery and is going to have the same treatment as me. She is treated at Stanford and I am treated at Goodsam but it was really nice to know that the protocol is the same, the things they have explained to us are the same and the outcome expected from our treatment is the same. It kind of gives you peace of mind as you always have got something that makes you wonder if what they are doing to you is the best treatment and if anywhere else they will do differently.

She is having her first AC chemo treatment tomorrow and I wish her the best of luck, it will be much better than what she expects as we normally set our minds for the worst but I hope she can have a few hours sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment