Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I have had a few great days of doing things with amazing friends and would like to share it with everyone. Last Saturday Marcela and Alberto were really nice to take Ethan with them for a playdate which it was really appreciated as I was still feeling quite tired. Alberto and I went for a walk and lay down to watch a film. For some reason last week it took me longer than expected to recover but sometimes we react to what they tell us, the doctor told me that I was going to be more tired than before last week and I guess I was, but not sure how much it was my mind being prepared to be more tired than previous sessions. We went to pick Ethan up and we end up staying outside their house with them and their neighbors for over an hour. I felt much better when I come back home, I am a true believer that a good friend company for 30 minutes is much better than any medicine any doctor can give you. And there is a handful group of them that are giving me so much energy and support that are helping much more than they can imagine.

On Sunday we went to Lorraine's for dinner, it is becoming a very regular dinner and I am starting to feel like if I am going to my sister's for Sunday dinner. I think I have said so many times this but I can't say them enough as how appreciated I am of all her support.

Monday I went to Santana Row for lunch with my Spanish group and the way it got arrange is so typical of us Spanish. Monica and Miriam get together once a month for lunch, they communicated through facebook that they were planning to get together and 7 of us just auto invited to join them. Great lunch and I meant to do a photo of all of us but at the end complete forgot to do it.... Tuesday, lunch at Marcela's, thanks again my dear friend!. Damaris made our favorites flauta's and I eat all the white flour that should eat for the week, the lunch was delicious. Both days I went home early afternoon and lay down in the sofa as I do get tired, plus the hot weather has been hard as well. And I will be cooking every day practising with my "must food", I did brown rice with vegetables for dinner yesterday and Broccoli casserole today and both were delicious....

Now today I decided to join a Yoga studio with Monica, I wanted to do it for some time but my left arm was not strong enough. But today we were so ready, we were there at 9 am for a Vinyasa class that we thought we could perfectly do it....even when the instructor asked us if we had done Yoga before and I answered her of course we have done it before....like telling her we know what we were doing. Well, it was very obvious after 10 minutes that the class was well too advanced for us but we were determinate to stay there for the 75 minutes. I can't remember last time I have sweat so much, Monica was saying that she was sweating more than when she goes running. There was one point during the class that both of us were so dizzy and feeling like we should leave the room as we were just not ready for the flow of postures and movements that these people were doing. But we were there until the end, we did the OHMMMMMMMM and we left the place like if someone had just hit our full body. BUT we will be back tomorrow for a "Gentle Yoga" class and hoping it will be better, we saw Pregnant women coming in to the next class which was the gentle so if we can't do it tomorrow we are in serious unfit situation and we might just have to join the meditation class only....

Oh forgot....Lorraine arrange cinema with a few friends last night and we went to see "The Help", great film that you should see. Based on the 1960 civil rights time when black people will work in white people houses as maids, their lives and how they manage to publish a book about their experiences. I thought it was a great film, thanks girls for coming out!.

Looking forward to Miriam's babyshower this Saturday, I feel is going to be a big party.....

No comments:

Post a Comment