Thursday, September 1, 2011

Viva la Virgen De Nieva

I am from small town in south Pamplona (Spain) called Peralta, I lived there the most wonderful moments in my life and have friends for ever. I left Spain 15 years ago but I do come back to the town once or twice a year if I can as my parents, my sister and all my mom's family live in the town.

This week the town is getting ready for that festival to celebrate Virgin Nieva, which starts on Saturday. You have to keep in mind that in Spain we celebrate anything and any Saint but this festival is special. It last 10 days of heavy eating, drinking, dancing and lack of sleep. Last time I was there about 6 or 7 years ago I was dead after two nights, my body could not tolerate that level of happiness....

For the past 6 years my friends have made a tradition which is to call me this Saturday night when they are having dinner and have had a few drinks to remind me what I am missing for not being there. This week I think that call might be a bit emotional, I wish I could be there with them or even better I wish they could be closer to me. However they have been really close to me, they call me, e-mail me and request a bi-weekly personal update, if I start my good week without sending that message I am told off.

I want to put a few photos here of that festival from many years ago that will remind many of us so many good memories, and I want to say: " Viva la Virgen de Nieva". Check if you can find me on two of them, the middle one I am not on it but it is such a nice photo of them that have to share....





2 comments:

  1. acabo de publicar un post en mi blog también hablando de las fiestas de mi barrio... jejejeee... creo que no es casualidad porque ¿como se echan de menos esos pequeños momentos eh?? parecen insignificantes y sin embargo nos dan la vida!!
    aaayyyy... nos quedan un montón de buenos momentos y de fiestas que vivir, así que después de un poquito de nostalgia, espero que hayas cogido batería suficiente para pasar a la siguiente sesión!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Memories Mila! I found you on both pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete