Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I am recharged!!

Last week was a hard week for me, Wednesday and Thursday it was hard after the 3rd chemo and even if I am doing fantastically great that low days put you down a bit. This time the symptoms were quite similar reference nausea but I felt Wed and Thursday the exhaustion was much higher than before, I slept as much as I could and hoped that will pass soon. It is amazing, on Friday you wake as a new person, you are not back to normal but you feel some energy is coming back and your appetite is returning so you start feeling stronger, after Friday things just look better each day.

Fiona arrived on Friday evening from the UK and we had a great weekend!, she did not cry when she saw me because she was in shock of how great I look and she even said a few times that I look much younger without hair. Also I think the mix of not having hair touching my face all the time and the healthy eating are giving me a skin that I have not had for many years... We spent the full weekend talking and arranging the world, we went for a walk each morning and each evening and we talk as little as we could about Cancer. I keep thinking that have got no idea how I am going to pay her back for everything she is doing for me.

Sunday we had the photoshoot and a great evening with Maite and Upe. Monday was my first day going to a place with more people than my family or my neighbors and we went to Half Moon Bay to have lunch at the Ritz Hotel. We had a great lunch and a walk along the seaside of the hotel and after we come back in the afternoon Alberto and I went to Lorraine's for a drink. Today I was excited to take Ethan to school and I will be taking him every day which might sounds stupid for some people but I am super happy of being able to go with him. I met with Monica and Marcela for our morning walk and hoping to set up a weekly routine of regular walks.

I have got lots of great things to do this week, have managed to keep my week as busy as I can but allowing some time for resting and napping as well. I just feel really happy and recharged so looking forward to enjoying the coming days.

1 comment:

  1. Que bueno, primera salida a comer al Ritz!! vosotros si que sabeis!!!
    me alegro que estes mejor de la tercera ya. Pregunta si en la cuarta te hacen el cambio de medicamento al que es mas hormonal, que si es así será mas llevadero para el estómago.

    Ah! un truco que me dijo mi oncólogo que sirve para dos cosas: ACEITUNAS!! Quitan algo las náuseas y son buenas para la piel. (Yo me pongo morada)

    un beso family!! se os ve genial!!

    ReplyDelete