Monday, August 29, 2011

3rd chemo day

Here we are again, did not sleep much so will see if I can recover some sleep later on when I am at home. I was really upset that could not go with Ethan for his first day of school, Alberto said he was really shy but he was happy to stay.

I arrived here at 8:15, lab was empty and it took me 5 min to do blood draw, so this time I had to wait for the nurse to see me for more than 20 min. My blood counts were normal and there is no indication that I am going to get an anemia which happens in more than 50% of the people, I think all this healthy eating that my mom and Alberto have been cooking for me is paying off big time. Wendy, the head of nurses, says that positive thinking does as much as the eating and the exercise and she can say from the first time she meets the patients who is going to do good and bad. She said that she knew when she met me that I would do great as I always have got a smile in my face.

My chemo nurse is new today, her name is Diane and she seems really nice, she gave me ice cream while she was injecting my first drug as I did not like my ice today for some reason so I feel really spoilt. The room was not too busy, there is a person who I have not seem before sitting next to me and a bit loud, he had a heart attack while on a business trip and after surgery they told him he had leukemia. Second drug is going in now and within one hour we will be out of here, I will take my two drugs when I arrive home today and go to sleep for a few hours....

I am looking forward to something this week, my friend Fiona is coming from the UK on Friday to spend a few days with me combining with some business. She has in the last 10 years being on all important moments in my life, she come to Spain to our wedding, she come to the US when Ethan was born, she come to my surgery and now making more time and visit us, really looking forward to see her and spend some time with her.

2 comments:

  1. Mila, Me encanta leer tu blog! Ya paso la tercera sesion de quimio. Amiga, ya falta menos. Animo, fe y mucha fuerza. Un fuerte abrazo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ¡Ánimo! Espero que te recuperes rápido este semana.

    ReplyDelete