Monday, August 29, 2011

All good things have got an end

Why does my good week finish so fast?. I have had probably the best week since I started this journey, there are so many people who I have to thank for my week being that fantastic that I might be writing all night.

On Wed morning my mom and I went for a lovely facial to Michelle, one of the best facials in town by far and if anyone wants to try one let me know and will give you her details. I have to thank Rose for taking Ethan with her during this morning so he could enjoy his old daycare friends and mommy could enjoy the relaxing time. Damaris (Ethan's nanny) did invite us to eat lunch, the best flautas I have eaten, I am starting to think that someone has sent her to us as she has been an angel with Ethan and us, she is the nicest person on earth and is making things so easy!. That night and after having an afternoon nap we had the leaving party for Jen and the first time I wore my wig, have to say that it was a bit uncomfortable and not sure if I will be wearing it very often....it was nice to see all the girls and it will be sad to see Jen leaving California.

On Thursday I went with Ethan and Alberto to meet Ethan's new teachers, he was so happy to be at the big boys part of the school. It is weird as I have lost almost all my hair now and wearing caps all the time, so everyone now knows that I am mad and have shaved my hair or I am on a chemo treatment. But what do yo do?, do you wait until people ask you or you openly tell them you have Cancer?. Now I feel people do look at me more and sometimes wonder what it goes through their minds, on Thursday it was that situation, I did not say anything but was wondering what his teachers were thinking. On Thursday we also went to Ethan's first soccer practise, I did enjoy it so much...so cute to see a group of 4 year old running around with a big smile, I am sad that will have to miss this week's one!.

On Friday I did a quick visit to work to have a chat with my boss, weird to be at work but I do not need to worry about anything until January!. We went to Lorraine's for dinner, She did my favorite fish dish that I love and have to try to do it myself one day, we had a lovely evening and I really appreciate that she took the full family on when she is so busy and going through a hard time herself. She has been one of my rocks during this process and I will be immensely thankful to her.

Saturday we took it easy during the day, went for a walk with my mom as I have been taking very seriously about walking everyday at least 30 min. In the evening my friend Monica organized a party in her house to celebrate my mom's birthday, how nice is that?. We were a total of 26 people between kids and adults, Marcela did a fantastic decoration of the tables and garden. Monica probably had been cooking all day and everything was delicious, we ate and drink all night...We did not stop laughing with all the jokes they were saying, and I felt so sorry for Manoj who was the only non Spanish speaker!. We went home past 10 pm with a big smile and so happy to have so many good friends that give you this injection of energy, I thank each one of them for all their time and support. This photo is with Maite's little girl Ana, she has the most beautiful eyes and talks non stop when she is only 19 months!.

Today we went to Santa Cruz, have a nice lunch with my parents at hotel Chaminade and went to the beach, however it was freezing cold and we could not stay much longer there. It was a shame it was that cold as we were so ready with beach toys to do a big castle!, Ethan was a bit disappointed. This evening I can feel I am stress already for tomorrow so I went for over an hour walk, I am hoping that extra exercise is going to help me sleep tonight!. I am feeling so great today and feeling so great in the past few days that can't believe tomorrow I am back to feeling bad!.

No comments:

Post a Comment