Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Second chemo treatment

I hate this day, the fact that I am going to be injected with all these drugs makes me feel sick just by the thought of it. Keep telling myself I have to go through it in order to save my life and I am sure I will appreciate it when it is over but can not be that positive the day of the chemo.

We arrived at 8:30 for blood work and the lab was really busy. Managed to see Dr Chen at 9 am, my blood counts had gone back to normal and she perform a physical exam that she said was perfect. She even said that next visit I am going to see the head of the nurses instead of her as I am doing fantastic. I went to the chemo room after and there were only a few people there, they were expecting me and took them 2 min to get me started. The room got fill out pretty soon and it is sad to say that I am the youngest person by far in the place, am I an unlucky one or people my age that the doctors said also going through same situation like me do chemo other days?.

We were home by 11 and this time I had one additional nausea pill(total of 5), the logistics of what to take first and with what is what it made the difference. One of the nurses wrote me down what should I take when and have to say it has done a huge difference. I still have got real bad nausea but I can live with it for a few days.

Now is a few days of resting, taking it easy, tolerating the feeling crap and the weekend soon will be here so I can feel better. I am still holding my hair even if it is falling off, I am going to hold for a few more days if I can....

6 comments:

  1. que tal vas? espero que vayas cogiendo fuerzas ya.
    Animooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aun un poco floja, espero que hoy las fuerzas me empiecen a volver....Ayer me rape el pelo, espero poner fotos luego. Tu que tal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya casi es fin de semana y cada dia será mejor. Animo Mila! Todos los dias me levanto con la ilusion de leer tu blog. Estas haciendo un gran trabajo. Me gusta mucho que estes subiendo fotos de todo el proceso. Eres un gran ejemplo para todos! Acuerdate no estas sola.. Un beso corazon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Solo de forma anonima puedo poner mensajes. No se porque, ya despues te enseño los settings. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. yo voy muy bien, tengo otra semana de descanso antes de mi siguiente quimio, así que voy a seguir aprovechando los dias buenos!!
    Animo que mañana estarás casi al 100% !!besoteeeee!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so strong, Mila! Sending you love and prayers! When can I bring you dinner???

    ReplyDelete