Saturday, August 6, 2011

Ethan

Everyone has asked me about Ethan and how he is coping during this process, the truth is that he is doing really well considering he is only 4. The first few weeks he had a really hard time, he could see me crying around the house for no reason and that really upset him, he used to tell me if I had boo-boos anywhere and if he could give me a kiss. Then when surgery arrived he spent the weekend at friends house and we explained to him that mommy was going to the doctor but she was coming back home. Everyone said that he was really quiet over that weekend. My friend Marcela found him in the bathroom looking at the floor and she asked him what was wrong with him, he said: " my mommy is sick but she is going to be ok, right?", bless him!.

He seems to be back to normal, he is so excited to have my parents here and we always have people in the house so he is enjoying every minute of it. Every time I feel weak during this process I look at him and Alberto and it gives me the strength to look forward, there is so much to do for the 3 of us, can not wait for all the family gatherings, vacation and quality time together that we will have for many years to come.

Next week I have taken him out from the summer camp and we are planning to do things every morning together: painting, bowling, movies, really looking forward to catch up with him on some quality time the two of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment