Friday, August 5, 2011

Turning 40

I am really happy to start this blog, I am finding writing a really good therapy so going to use it as much as I can to help me through the process. I am aware that no everyone will be able to understand so will try to write things in Spanish from time to time.

Everyone who knows us know how difficult the past 3 years have been in our life, I recall to say every New Years Eve that next year was going to be better but ended up being the same or even worst. I was looking forward to turn 40 and have discussed several times with my friend Jen and Lorraine to get a big party together. For one reason and another that party was never arranged and deep down I knew there was a reason why I should not celebrate 40.

April 2011 was the first time I noticed the lump in my left breast, I did not think much about it as since I was 20 I have had issues with that breast. I had several biopsies when I was 25 and always come benign so there was no reason why this time was going to be different. I was in the process of changing jobs and it was a really emotional time for me so the lump in the breast come second, plus I already had an appointment with OB and mammogram for June.

June arrived and also my 40th birthday and Alberto treat me to a weekend away in San Francisco, went to see the Blue Men Group had a nice dinner and stayed at the W. He also bought me a nice diamond and hiking boots as the plan was to start hiking more regularly. I was enjoying my new job and life was starting looking great.

The day after my birthday I notice another lump in the armpit, that really worried me and call my OB to see if they could see me earlier. My appointment was set up for June 24th to see my doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment