Saturday, August 6, 2011

Weekend before first Chemo treatment

One thing I have not said yet is how much support from friends and family we have received since we started this journey. It has been really overwhelming to realize the amount of people who really care about us and will be here to support us through this process. From my friends and family in Spain and the UK to my friends in 2culturas group and Saint Chris moms group to my neighbors, there is a huge list of people waiting for my parents to leave in order for them to help with food, Ethan or whatever is needed. To all these people we want to say from the bottom of our heart THANK YOU very much, we will not be able to do it without you.

I have received flowers and plants arrangement from so many people. I was specially touched for a huge arrangement I received from all my friends in Spain, we have all being friends since we were 2 years old and we will always support each other and do whatever we have to do when one of the group is in trouble independently of what country we are leaving. I received amazing messages and flowers from my previous employment NVIDIA, from the CEO and his Executive team to every single person who found out I had been diagnosed with Cancer. I was amazed of time some of my friends spent thinking on getting me really meaninful presents that are going to be very helpful through this process, from books to hats and many others. It has been a truly blessing and and we are so lucky to know so many caring people.

The weekend before the Chemo was an example of it, I was scared and really anxious about what was going to happen so all these supporting team come to rescue like never. On Saturday our friends Marcela and Alberto invited us to spend some time at their house with others friends to keep our minds occupied, everyone had a great time and we had a fantastic Saturday with good company and good friends. On Sunday Alberto cooked us a lovely lunch and my mom and I went for a nice walk, it was relaxing day which was really needed. In the evening my friend Lorraine arranged a girls gathering in her house, we were around 12 of us and It was exactly what I needed. It was really nice to see everyone, we eat, talk and laugh and I even had a small glass of wine. That night I even had a decent night sleep thanks to all the people who make sure I was going to be ok over this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment