Friday, August 19, 2011

Bye, bye hair...

I have prepared myself so long for this moment that you would expect to be just a formality but it was really upsetting. I decided to cut it two days ago but have not been feeling up to typing anything, today is the first day that feel my energy is coming back. The last few days I have been feeling really bad, some moments I have to lay down as I feel like falling down and my body can not hold me. You do not want to eat, to drink or to talk and feel an immense exhaustion through your body. But today woke up much better and I am looking forward to enjoy the coming days going back to normal, I still need to be cautious for a few more days but I soon will be doing more normal life.

Before I found out I had cancer I had really long hair, the week I found out the news I cut it to the shoulder level. Then about 3 weeks ago I cut it really short in order to make myself to the idea of having almost no hair. Everyone keeps telling me that short hair is more suitable for me but I have got my doubts about it, I always liked it longer.

Then on Wednesday night and after 3 days of seeing hairs everywhere: pillow, shower, hands...I asked Alberto to cut it and he was the happiest person on earth, he was like a child with a new pair of shoes with the hair clipper. He went all dramatic put me the song of Sinead O'connor "nothing compares to you" and set me up with a chair in the shower to start. I thought it was all well overdramatic and told him to stop the set up and just do it....I will lie if I said that I did not cry, I cried like a child and I am still crying when I am writing this but I guess it is all natural. Then that night when my friend Lorraine come to see me we cry for a bit longer, she was more upset than me I think which it was really sweet.

I love this photo here of Alberto and I, he was so proud of me and was trying to make me feel good about it. Alberto used to have really long hair and when he was 25 he shaved it when my sister in law was diagnosed with Leukemia. He decided since them to not let it grow and shaves it every week, now my sister in law fully recovered from the Leukemia and has got 3 lovely kids and has a complete normal life.

The small problem was Ethan, he wanted to cut his hair as well and you all know how much his dad loves Ethan's long hair. I explained to him that mommy had boo boo in the hair and the doctor has asked me to cut it, I asked him if he wanted to go to the doctor with me so we could check if he needed to cut his hair and he said NO....my son does not like to go to the doctor so we normally clear issues using that subject.

Now it comes my fashion time, I have got so many scarfs, hats and a wig that it is time to use them all. Only issue is that my face is full of dark marks now, must talk to the doctor next time and ask if I can use Hydroquinona, just do not feel really attractive at the minute with no hair and face full of marks. Now my first fashion photos.......The first photo is a scarf from Tous that my friend Maite bought me, making some publicity for all of you who do not know them...Tous is a Spanish jewelerey designer that now sells their jewlery and accesories in lots of countries, you should go and visit their shop in Palo Alto shopping center.


The second one is another one from my friend Monica from Maximo Dutty which is a shop in Spain that I love and that I normally can not buy many things as they do not fit me, glad to be wearing one of their scarfs. I thank Cathy Mee for my sleeping hat!, you do not realize how cold it can be without hair at night so that is so wonderful.  I have got another 3 or 4 more scarfts from Jen, Tami and my husband that will be modeling in the coming weeks....so excited to have so many things to choose from.

Hope you are all having a good day, enjoy every minute of it and appreciate everything and everyone you have got around you, there is no point to be having a bad day for any reason.


3 comments:

  1. Mila, Estoy tan orgullosa de ti. Te admiro y te respeto y me siento muy afortunada de contar con tu amistad. Mañana te veo, me apunte con Ana y Rosario! :) Un beso corazon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo, Mila! un orgullo ser tu amiga! Moni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pues estas muy guapa!! y eres una valiente!! no todo el mundo se atreve a poner éste tipo de fotos o a decir que lleva peluca.... lleves lo que lleves estaras guapa!! Seguro que tus hombrecitos te lo dicen muchas veces.
    La semana que viene colgaré un par de videos en mi blog sobre "el arte de ponerse pañuelos" porque ya que es lo que nos toca, al menos que estemos monísimas no???

    Me alegro que ya te encuentres mejor de la sesión.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete